Monday 31 May 2010

*

Looking through my posts, I realize that I have come short of sharing what's really inside as I rhymed at the beginning. Good that I put "I may" at least...

I could probably write a lot while in sight; yet I am in sight. I wouldn't like my words to say more than my life. I admit, I have been reluctant to write much here. My fear has been that of saying too much. It's so easy to pour out and flood your listener or reader.

It's somewhat different when you're asked. Yet, I know that the days are coming when I will speak not knowing the questions in people's hearts, praying that they would be answered...

On the other hand, maybe I could share with you a little, something that has been with me all last week. It's a parable from the Book, written down by Matthew. It says that "the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.*"

The merchant surely had some other pearls when he found that one of great value. He must have noticed it was worth all the other. One pearl that cost him everything. But it was worth everything. One pearl the beauty of which he would surely ponder since.

Some may wonder why I bring everything down to one thing.
It's because I have only one pearl.

I used to have other,
but I have them no longer.
There is only this one pearl
that in my heart I ponder.

*Matthew 13:45-46

No comments:

Post a Comment